Local Icon and Open Community Space
A memorial to the arrival of the first Wesleyan Missionaries to New Zealand in 1822, this building stands as both a sacred place and a people place for the community of Whangaroa.
- Hei oranga o te iwi – nurturing well-being of the people
- Whakawhanaugnatanga – building relationships
- Manaakitanga – offering hospitality and care for one another
- Aroha – a place of love and respect for all-comers.
Kaeo Union Church is the group that is at the building’s heart, sustaining vision and values sourced from Christian faith. The church’s ethos is open hospitality embracing people of faith and no professed faith, all churches, all haahi, all faiths. The church’s goal is to give room to all people to feel welcome and for our place to be your place.
- Hall – Seats 80
- Supper Room – Seats 15-20
Equipment includes trestle tables and chairs, a white board (bring own whiteboard pens), and child safety gates for the outside door and top of the stairs, data projector in the Church.
Kitchen facilities in the Supper Room are available with any hire and include crockery, cutlery, and tea pots.
- HALL and/or SUPPER ROOM: $10 per hour to a maximum of $50 per day. Minimum charge of $10.
- WHARE KARAKIA/CHURCH SANCTUARY is available on the agreement of the minister. All-day use of the whole facility $100. For funerals: use of sanctuary $50; use of whole facility $75.
OUTDOOR STAGE AREA
This is available for community use. It can be used as is – just let us know what you intend to do and when. If you would like access to power, arrangements can be made, with a small charge to cover costs.
BUILDING USE POLICY
The building is available to any who wish to book it on condition that there is no disrespect shown or expressed to the Christian beliefs of the building’s kaitiaki or the building with the memories it contains.
Applications can be made to the Parish Council for the use of alochol for appropriate events. It is decided on a case by case basis and moderation is essential.
Nau mai haere mai.
Contact us email@example.com or 09 407 8250 to come and check out the facilities.
Or check out us on Sunday mornings or at Get Involved.