Home for Kerikeri Union Church – Open Home for Kerikeri Community
For events like Funerals, some regular daytime bookings are able to be put aside – check with us before presuming unavailability.
- A place that offers itself as an oasis of peace
- An environment for fostering good relationships between people
- Common ground for collaboration on projects for personal and community well-being
- Home away from home for family celebrations and commemorations
Many Threads – One Place of Welcome
At the heart of the building is a window with the theme of “Unifying”.
Toi Te Rito Maihi sees us offering space for the diverse, often fragmented or divisive, strands of the Kerikeri Community to be woven together in strong relationships.
This weaving together of people develops into the figure of the cross. Christ – God’s Way of self-giving – effectively weaves us together.
At the cross the weave is firm and sure. At the edges, reaching out into the world, it is loose. Loose strands are important to the image and the vision. The message is that all are welcome and can link as loosely or tightly into the weave of the cross as they choose.
The Kerikeri Union Church is the group that is at this building’s heart – its kaitiaki, sustaining vision and values sourced from Christian faith. The church’s ethos is open hospitality embracing inter-faith and non-religious, while maintaining mutual respect with other church fellowships. The church’s goal is to give room to all people to feel welcome and for our place to be your place.
- Hall – Seats 120-130
- Worship Area – Seats 120-130
These two areas can be used together as one room. Audio Visual and IT/data connections are available in both areas, separately or operating as one, with camera relay from Worship Area to Hall projector.
- Meeting Room – Seats 15-20
- Children’s Room – Seats 12-15
IT/data connections available in both of these rooms. A kitchenette with a 7.5 litre auto-boiler is available with the hire of any areas, at no extra cost.
- Kitchen – Fully equipped to serve 200 plus people. Commercial grade equipment including 35 litre water boiler, dish-washer, 900mm oven and cooktop, and steam oven, with microwave and small bench top oven.
(FNDC approved maximum for the building = 250)
You can cater for your event yourselves or you can engage caterers to do the task for you. Some local caterers are:
Soda Creek Kitchen (with Colin and Rachael formerly of Wharepuke)
By-Di-Zine Catering and Cafe phone: 022 049 3277 email: email@example.com
Other caterers wishing to be added to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
BUILDING USE POLICY
Applications can be made to the parish council for the use of alcohol for appropriate events. It is decided case by case and moderation is essential. Protocols for use of alcohol can be accessed with the application form here.
- Hall – $25/hr, $150 full day (8 hours), $10/additional hour
- Worship Area – $25/hr, $150 full day (8 hours), $10/additional hour
- Hall & Worship Area – $50/hr, $300 full day (8 hours), $15/additional hour
- Meeting Room – $15/hr, $75 full day
- Childrens’ Room – $15/hr, $75 full day
- Kitchen – $15 per hour
All use entails the users leaving the facility clean and ready for the next group. There may be a surcharge of $50 if the facility is found to need cleaners in before the next group can use it.
All fees are GST inclusive. A discount of 10% for regular users. Fees may vary, and can be subject to change.
A user agreement will need to be signed prior to first occasion of use.
The brochure can be downloaded from here
Nau mai, haere mai. Contact us to come and check out the facilities, or to make your booking.
09 407 8250 email@example.com
Or just call by when you see the door open. Open 10am to 2pm on weekdays and often at other times as well.